Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Cassiopea/Aurora

Been cloudy all night and was just about to go to bed at midnight,had a look out the window and not a cloud in the sky.Grabbed the camera and walked down to the beach and this was the end result.

post-13543-133877339715_thumb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Skies to the north are virtually L.P free.in fact from NW TO NE is looking over the sea so no Lp there,if however i turned 180 deg from where the image was taken it would be smack bang in the middle of Thurso(pop10,000),i'm lucky that from my garden no street lights shine onto it,actually need a red light to see what i'm doing, so i'm reasonably happy with my observing site,can pick out M33 with my 7 x 50 bins quite easily,double cluster and M44 are easy naked eye objects.

Tried taking taking long exposure with camera piggy backed and the Lp was quite surprising so must get a lens hood and even wrap a bit of dark card around it,kinda like the thing dogs have on their heads to stop them scratching. ;)

Hopefully that will reduce LP when shooting piggy backed.

Archived