NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Clear Tonight - First Light?

Alkaid

Picked up this Russian Beauty from one of our moderators (who shall remain nameless!)  I have not had the chance to use it yet, due to a new kitchen installation.  Looking forward to getting the TAL out on Lunar tonight to see what it can do...

Pic shows the TAL in front of a brand new uninstalled oven...which will probably stay where it is while the sky is clear!

post-10497-0-73684900-1424969598_thumb.j

Picked up this Russian Beauty from one of our moderators (who shall remain nameless!) 

You mean we don't get any prizes for guess who it was.... Hummmph!

Enjoy it, should work well on the AZ4 too, lovely scope...

Darn weather, only managed 5 minutes with a cooled scope before it clouded and then a violent rain squall, luckily I was able to read the warnings and got the OTA inside just in time.

This stinking weather, it was clear for about four hours before I went out.

What did you look at?

Spent a good while cruising up and down the Lunar terminator at 200 power, very pleased with this refractor.  I'm afraid that Jupiter was on the other side of my house, so missed this, but was content with the moon.

Upon packing up and coming back inside, I got on here again and learnt that Jupiter was providing a right show....something about the GRS and a couple of moon shadow transits happening at the same time?  I regretfully had work next day, so didn't unpack again and then go out to the other side of the house...  Next time...

Archived