Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Earth Hour

nitram100

Have you guys seen this? It's pretty cool. Can you imagine the whole world participated. Well, i'd settle for 20% of the south of east of England.

http://fieldnotes.msnbc.msn.com/archive/2008/03/28/834004.aspx

There's an official webpage, but it seems very slow, getting alot of traffic. Hopefully they try Earth Year soon :rolleyes:

BTW check out www.google.co.uk

It's a great idea, however I just watched the Sydney effort. Nice to see the harbour bridge and opera house go dark, but it was still laughable seeing the countless lights still on right across the city in the background. Looked quite pathetic to be honest. Seems it takes a world war for a true blackout to occur. What a pathetic race we can be sometimes, one puny hour of our life, how hard can it be to turn off at least 25% of the lights in a city!!! :rolleyes:

Matt

It's a great idea, however I just watched the Sydney effort. Nice to see the harbour bridge and opera house go dark, but it was still laughable seeing the countless lights still on right across the city in the background. Looked quite pathetic to be honest. Seems it takes a world war for a true blackout to occur. What a pathetic race we can be sometimes, one puny hour of our life, how hard can it be to turn off at least 25% of the lights in a city!!! :rolleyes:

Matt

I agree - pretty sad effort really - they could've at least turnd off half the street lights or something like that.

Yeh, quite sad actually. I mean, how many people use google everyday, so we can assume nearly everyone knew about it, i hate how dependant this world has become on lights etc, we need to get back in touch with nature! :rolleyes:

"She can only give what she can give, after that........... Your'e on your own, Jack.......!)

A quote by someone who's name Escapes me at the mo.....

But seems about right....................

Puh-lease do NOT get me started on this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Archived