Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Scopestuff order

Astronut

Has anyone had problems ordering from Scopestuff?

I ordered 2 large rolls and 1 small roll of flocking paper plus a Telegizmo cover on 15th March and haven't received any emails from them, specifically the email informing me of international shipping charges to UK as per first paragraph on this page http://www.scopestuff.com/ss_intl.htm

The page says "Shopping Cart orders please add International shipping charges here:" but as this was an unknown amount I didn't add this to the order.

I emailed them last weekend to chase it up and fully expected a reply awaiting me in my inbox when I got home tonight. I'm a little worried now as a £60.10 debit has been added to my latest credit card statement with the transaction description "PAYPAL *SCOPESTUFF" followed by a bunch of numbers.

Should I wait another week or give them a ring?

I buy a lot of gear from Scopestuff, if you look at the company T&Cs it says they won't answer any emails regarding order status. The owner said he was spending more time confirming that orders were being processed than the was spending actually processing orders. Don't worry, Scopestuff are good guys. :rolleyes:

Thanks for the reassurance but I can't find the terms and conditions on the website - can you point them out please?

I was reading this http://www.scopestuff.com/ss_email.htm before I emailed them. There's a possibility my email to them may have been spam filtered but I put "Scopestuff order from UK" in the subject as per their guidelines.

Gaz - what's the usual amount of time for an order to ship after ordering and should I have put an amount in that shipping charges box? (shown in first link, first post)

Yep, you need to make a second Paypal payment for the postage. If you don't want to go ahead with the purchase then they will refund the original payment you made. I usually get my orders in 10-14 days.

I can't find the part about not replying to shipping Emails, it def. used to be there though...I guess the owner (Jim) removed it, maybe he's mellowing out? :rolleyes:

But according to the blurb they're supposed to send me an email confirming shipping costs after I've placed the order. No email yet and it's almost 2 weeks now. I think I'd better ring them sometime next week.

Mmmm... I ordered some bits and pieces from Scopestuff yesterday, (Friday), afternoon and have yet to receive an e-mail regarding international shipping cost.

I have used the company before without a problem, so I'm not unduly worried at the moment, but I will be happier when I get charged for the shipping - never thought I'd ever say that...

Lee.

Just a quick update:

Got an email from Jim on Tuesday asking me to send $34 for postage and another email on Friday saying my order was shipped on Wednesday.

I expect it will arrive sometime this week so all is well :(

Archived