Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Trying to explain strange drift

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey guys just a quick update.

I can confirm its nothing with the mount, and everything with the ground probably :)

No strange drift anymore.

Furthermore my first time also with guiding yesterday, and works out of the box, perfectly, 100% keeping images, nothing at all was wasted, i am seriously impressed by the mount & autoguiding combination.

Attached is a PHD2 guide screen, looks pretty ok? (no PEC done)

post-39779-0-54578100-1426589939_thumb.p

Btw funny anectode:

Between images (5 seconds 'wait' ) i was shining down both OTA to see if my new dewband work

and i was always surprised that suddently PHD lost the guidestar :D until i figured that out I had to reset PHD 2x .......

Stupid me.

• 1 month later...

Looking good  graemlourens! :)  I had all kinds of problems with my heq5 until I stated to autoguide. Now I only have to worry about how stable the ground is, not to walk too near to the telescope when imaging, wind, clouds, iso, exposure, light pollution.... ;) lol.

All I would suggest is to raise the integration time to two seconds or more - at one second it is possible to start chasing the seeing conditions.

PS - I can't stop the text from being Bold after copying your username! :)

Archived