Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Decision time for a 800 mm fl f3.9 astrograph

With the kit specified and a sensor of 2.2mirons and 2592x1944, which are the camera specs, then at prime focus you are getting 0.57"/pixel. Bumping this up x2.5, you are at 0.23"/pixel, which is getting close to the limits that seeing tends to allow (at least where I am). This is not massive image scale at 2m FL and ratio of 10. You could try higher magnifications, but you are going to start having trouble finding evenings where the seeing will allow. I'd be tempted to try out planetary with the Z10, as opposed to the Astrograph if the mount can handle it.

Matt

Matt let me first thank you for your reply but, I did try with the Z10 and I couldn't get focus due to it moving through the fov of the sensor. I've read plenty on imaging Planets with dobs but, I'm uanable to do it with one hand after trying for 4 yrs. My family had an  imaging newt. sent  to me for my Bday and Xmas, They love that I can actually image anything after falling from a tree30 ft on my head back in 74'. Spinal and brain damage doesn't stop me, it just slows me down a bit. I'll keep on trying different things to get it achieved , I've reada lot of people using barlows or powermates to achieve image scale.

Archived