Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Here's my latest go from data i collected on the 25th of last month. One single 300 second exposure taken with my trusty Stellarvue SV80ED refractor. Edited with levels and curves in PS and tweeked in LR. Let me know what you think.

post-28595-0-83447600-1423010574_thumb.j

Thank you sir! DSS has been giving me fits. The "comet and stars" mode really throws the green of the head off. I'm going to re-shoot the star field asap and then edit  and blend in the "comet only" image I have already by cloning out the trails. Very time consuming but much better results.

This tutorial on using DSS to process comets might help - http://www.astrobin.com/151422/ . The DSS comet + stars mode is next to useless as it only works if no varying background gradients are happening, the comet is the right size and moves at the right rate and you have taken the right number of subs and that is extremely rare to get right. The key to the tutorial is learning how to isolate the comet and the stars separately and do the blending in something *other* than DSS. The tutorial can be translated into PixInsight steps by the brave !

Archived