Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Yet again, the "infamous barlow" choice?

So.... after upgrading the finder on the 130 i am now looking for a barlow, (getting there but slowly i know lol)

Does anyone know if the celestron 2x barlow by FLO (£24 version) is an ok addition or should i hold out and save for something more better?

Just for the record i am still usuing the stock EP's at the moment, but am edging towards the x-cel lx EP's at sometime in the hopefully near future.

Thanks in advance for the input!

I would suggest putting the money toward some better ep`s maybe some decent plossl`s also on astroboot they may still have a X1.6 barlow head that screws into the base of an ep and is a decent little unit and only £8

I would suggest putting the money toward some better ep`s maybe some decent plossl`s also on astroboot they may still have a X1.6 barlow head that screws into the base of an ep and is a decent little unit and only £8

Hold out and get better EP's then?

Like the one's i stated about or is there a cheaper alternative? chances are the scope will be upgraded in time and would like to keep the EP's for the upgrade.

I would think that a 2x barlow would be of no use on the shorter of the supplied eyepieces, meaning that you would likely only be able to use it on the 20/25 (whichever one it is).

So an improved eyepiece would seem the more sensible option. The supplied items are not good usually.

For use in the future on a better scope could mean looking at the BST Starguiders or Celestron X-Cel ranges which are £49 and £59 respectively. Either of which is a somewhat higher cost the £24.

Being in Notts you are not going to Astrofest by chance?
Just you can pick up bargins there as a number of retailers seem to bring along barlows and plossl eyepieces to clear at often a fair cost reduction.

I would think that a 2x barlow would be of no use on the shorter of the supplied eyepieces, meaning that you would likely only be able to use it on the 20/25 (whichever one it is).

Why is that? the supplied 10mm with 2x barlow give 130x, how can it be of no use?

Being in Notts you are not going to Astrofest by chance?

Just you can pick up bargins there as a number of retailers seem to bring along barlows and plossl eyepieces to clear at often a fair cost reduction.

This is much better advice IMHO.

Archived