SLV or WO SPL

pkent365

Hi All,

Quick question re an eyepiece for planets. In your experiences which is the best 6mm, the Vixen SLV or the William Optics SPL? It would be great to save the money and go for the WO but if the Vixen is that much better then I will raid the piggy bank! This will be used in a GSO 300mm f5 Dob.

Thanks,

Peter

I would suggest the SLV.

Think it is no longer there but WO used to be "honest" and did not recoommend some of their eyepiece at less then f/6. This was the case on the SWANS. Now cannot recall if the SPL's were the same. However for safety I would suggest the SLV's for no other reason

I've been very impressed with the Vixen SLV's. Some of the best eyepiece optics I've viewed through :smiley:

I have not used a WO SPL though. They do get good feedback as well. I suspect the differences will be, as they often are, slight.

I'm the opposite. I've never looked through an SLV, but was very pleasantly surprised by the WO. It was a crisp little EP and extremely relaxing and natural to look through  - good eye relief and a nice large eye lens. It suited my eyes, which is at least half the equation with these things. YMMV as they say.

Russell

I looked at this eyepiece a good many times without ever pressing the button to buy, I think the green and black bug was well within me by then. I always find it interesting that the 3 that WO market are clearly taken from a range sold by Teleskop Services in Germany, Astrio Pro I believe it was called, I would love to know if the others are as good.

Alan.

Archived