Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

132 Tauri challenge.

Ticklish devil , used everything last night, but just un obtainable in 150mm achro. It might be the bright primary gulping up the contrast. Certainly worth a go,

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/132_Tauri

Although Σ444 is more delicate and difficult , it was found at x220.

I did get the keyhole of Σ749, noticing what appeared to be a small planetary nebula nearby,

Nick.

Thanks for that ! My dear sir, you do compliment me on some intelligence to understand such matters.

I am just a simple observer treading lightly in the footsteps of Galileo, the Herschels and Haas. I spent most of education staring out of the window in a dream like trance, paying little attention to anything . We need to stand and stare. I really admire those able to cope with abstractions and continue to be an avid follower.

I'm going to have another shot tonight. I think a lot of these faint companions thrive with contrast. Something we have little of here, until the local burghers turn off the town lights, hurrah !

Nicko.

Hi Nick

I think this might be a spurious pair. The MCA23 only has 1 measure of 0.0" and the wider pair HDS782 has 2 measures both from Hipparcus in 1991. There is a paper in 2005 where they used adaptive optics on double stars and they failed to resolve the pair.

When I am on my pc I will put up the link.

Cheers

Ian

Righto, still wading through Sissy Haas , who could not resolve this. Quoted as 3.8" and +5.0 with +9.1 companion. As does Sky safari pro. Oh dear , I hope this isn't going to get complex.

Just very odd as I usually pick these up as quite simples !

Nick.

Hello all ,

I have no notes on observing this system that I can find so far . However my Skytools  gives this.

AC: 4.88+9.09 mag, HDS 782, C=HIP 27468
PA 230° Sep 3.78" (1991) : N/A currently (N/A at best)

Now I have to ask where is the B component ? Also it gives this info.

Suspected Variable
V 4.87 Max
Variability Dubious 

I can not find the B component on my Skytools charts..I.m looking deeper into this .

mike h

• 3 weeks later...

Nick

Had a look at this last night in the OMC250.

Not a hint of a split. I have checked by database and the parameters are very similar to STF2461 and I split at at x180.

I am going to try on a clearing nigh as transparency last night wasn't great.

I have a feeling that this could be a spurious observation but it is going to be tough to prove either way.

Cheers

Ian

Archived