Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Orion With Modded 100d

Peakedge

Just had my EOS 100d modded by Juan at CheapAstrophotography and was very pleased with the difference it made. Below is my first light with the camera.

post-39281-0-24925500-1420792370.jpg

EOS 100d with Astronomik CLS CCD filter clip.

Skywatcher Explorer 200PDS.

HEQ5 Pro

Finder/guider with QHY5

Guided with PHD 2

5 x 300sec iso 400

10 x 60 sec iso 400

Stacked in DSS

Levels and both exposures aligned (poorly) in PS CS3. Any tips on how to align the stars properly, gratefully received.

Thanks for looking.

David

Thanks for posting. I'm preparing to mod my D5100. It would be nice to see what yours would do on a predominantly Ha target like North America, Heart, etc.

I did the Horsehead nebula on Saturday (10th Jan). Will post seperately but the modded camera did it justice.

Nice one David. I can see that your guiding is very good. What do you use for focusing? The focus seems a bit off. A Bhatinov mask makes achieving perfect focus really easy and quick.

I did use a Bahtinov mask for manual focus but I tried to align the stacks of different exposures using PS; very poorly. I have since found the correct method using DSS and the result is far better. I will post the improved version when I get home to see what you think.

Other than that, thanks guys for your very encouraging comments.

David

Archived