whats the best starter visual astronomy kit ?

Hi everyone .. a very happy new year to all... i wanted to ask what would be the best visual satronomy kit for me . I have a budget of less than 100 dollars ... i have eyes on that astromaster kit the celestron observers kit ...please suggest some more .., thank you

Clear skies.!

Do you have any kit already?

Even the ST80 would be hugely out of your budget. The OTA alone is £97 (c$150). Add a mount and your closer $200.

This would be under $100

http://www.firstlightoptics.com/heritage/skywatcher-heritage-76-mini-dobsonian.html

This would be better but over budget, around $140.

http://www.firstlightoptics.com/heritage/skywatcher-heritage-100p-tabletop-dobsonian.html

Obviously I don't know about local prices to you.

Ant

The question refers to an accessory kit if I understand correctly.

Syed, tell us for what telescope do you need accessories as there may be other better option. These kits are really low end and I would not recommend them.

Instead, off the top of my head, I would recommend a basic 8-24 zoom and a 2x barlow as a starter kit, but do give us more details to work on  :grin:

The Revelation kit looks a nice starter set. Unfortunately it is advertised at 100 pounds by an English supplier, and the OP lives in India, and is asking for a reccomendation priced below 100 dollars, so presumably wants something priced (including P&P) somewhat cheaper.

The Revelation kit looks a nice starter set. Unfortunately it is advertised at 100 pounds by an English supplier, and the OP lives in India, and is asking for a reccomendation priced below 100 dollars, so presumably wants something priced (including P&P) somewhat cheaper.

I realise that coulthamst but I am unfamiliar with indian websites exchange rates etc so rather than say nothing I offered the best information I could, maybe the op can find the equivalent where they live or arrange for overseas delivery. 

• 5 months later...

Archived