NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Just ordered my first telescope!

Just had to share my big news with fellows. Mr. Wrinkle (?), we have our humid nights, but there are a lot of pretty decent nights. I'm right in a village with unshielded mercury tube street lights, and still can see MW horizon to horizon, count 10 in Pleiades, naked eye Andromeda, etc. on many nights, even in monsoon season.

I can't wait, just ordered today from Germany. Wonder how long DHL will take? Hoping to get a TOAG and SSAG next month. I have the Baader filter for modding the D5100 here, just waiting for the accessories to the mod job to come. All in all, things are looking up!

I must say that what I've learned here at SGL and the fellowship of the members is the foundation I'm building on. Thanks very much all.

Never done visual, except for naked eye,  once, age 12, and a night on Mauna Kea at the visitor center , when I lived there.... Forgetting some great nights with $20 bins in Hawaii.

After reading the raves about the BST eyepieces, I'm considering springing for a 27mm BST. That would be roughly the equivalent of my rig with DSLR.  Does this seem like a good start?

Archived