Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

January 4, 2015: Quite quiet sun in H-alpha

Just had a look at the sun in H-alpha with the LS35THA, and it is rather quiet. A big AR with some large sunspots and complicated plage is taking centre stage, some smaller areas of plage can be seen to its west, right up to the western limb, where the is a solitary prom. Northward on the disk is one largish filament, and another sits closer to the big central AR. Apart from one or two small, fluffy bits of filament, the disk looks quite quiet.

Still pleased with the second solar session of the year

Thanks for being our eyes, Michael. Clouded out here, with mist/fog for good measure, and -1.5 degrees, but I am due some cloud after a good run. Hope the big AR can kick up a few flares for the folks with views today!

Gorgeous, clear sky here. (Again! Several days on the trot now, so can only go downhill ...)

The trouble is I can't get a decent view through the trees. From what I COULD see, my sun matches your sun, Michael. :-)

All rather quiet.

Archived