Bad timing, as usual

alan potts

I was just about to order a new Tele-Vue 4.7mm E for my birthday in a couple of weeks time and I see inflation seems to have gone wild in the Teleskop Service site on the whole TV range, which I am sure has something to do with the Dollar v the Euro.

I always thought price increases should be applied to new incoming stock, if indeed this is the case it would appear they sold all their stock in the last couple of days. Still can't win always they are normally very competitive on price

The Naglers T6's  all are from 270Eu up to 330 Eu, that's some price hike and the one I was going to order, I think was 569Eu and is now 646Eu, I think I can do without a bit longer.

Don't look at the price of the 21mm E, it's enough to may you go faint.

Alan

Wow, that's quite the price hike Alan, surprising really.I'd have thought they'd be reducing further considering the inroads the competition are making, but what do I know lol!

As already mentioned, the American import route may be an option. As much as I like to support local business, I recently imported a binocular from the USA and saved the best part of £300 (after import charges) on the cheapest UK price!

Ben,

I know I am sort of moaning about the price but I don't agree with buying from the States, however I fully accept everyone has a right to do as they please.  I may well get one from Telly House, they always seem to give me 10% discount, I think it's an order on site discount that everyone gets, having said that my last 2 orders were for rather a lot of money.

To pick up on John point, I have never seen a 4.7mm S/H and I only know Joves over in Sydney that has one, though I am sure there are site members that do not advertise what they have.

Nicos,

I have seen adverts for Ethos on Astro B&S and they have been there for a long time, few sell Ethos, however when people do there seems to be a few at once and always the ones you don't need.

Alan.

Archived