Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Weather Forecast

scorpio1948

Hi everyone,

Hope you all had a great Christmas and of course 'clear skies'.

Some time ago I followed a link from this Forum, to download an astronomical weather forecast program. 

Unfortunately, it became corrupt after I messed it up and I can't find it again.

I have put in a few searches to no avail.

Anyway, if anyone knows of a good forecast site, the link would be appreciated.

If for some reason I don't manage to get back here in the next couple of days, my best wishes to all, and have a very Happy New Year

Cheers

Pete

meteoblue (https://www.meteoblue.com) has been the perhaps most accurate for me in recent weeks out of the competitors clearoutside, bbc and metcheck.

For meteoblue, choose a location, then Air, and finally Astronomy Seeing.

But you should believe none of them beyond 24hrs: the weather's simply too unpredictable and the forecast becomes utter guff.

Hi Pete, 

A general forecast is one thing, but what bothers me is the forecasting sites break it down to " specific " locations. With regards to Astronomy, these inaccurate reports affect us in the pocket book, as it's a long drive for many of us to our observing sites.  If they can't get it right, they should not be forecasting for specific areas. Ok end of rant :grin:, lets hope for some clear nights in January, will be nice to catch up again; Dorothy says Hi.

It will be nice to catch up Mike, hopefully not too long away, I start back to work tomorrow so on a bit of a downer but on the other flip of the coin at least I have a job to go back too. Those who work for citylink aren't so lucky. Say hi to Dorothy for me

Archived