Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Pixinsight any good!?

BenDavis

Yep. You need something with layers proper as a complement, though, but many actually do with only PI. In terms of processing algorithms it is second to none.

/per

Layers are something that PI are looking at implementing..

I only have PI at the moment although I am contemplating Photoshop as it does seem that Photoshop images have a 'brio' and delicate touch to their processing.  It may simply be the level of my PI technique currently of course because I don't think it absolutely necessary - desirable perhaps - to have both of the two most popular processing suites.  PI is excellent but not the only excellent piece of image processing software.  Without doubt both PI and PS have the tools to process a prize winning image - the trick is to have good data, imagination, creativity and experience to do so!

PI is dedicated astro processing software and I had read recently that the developing team had eschewed developing a layering tool: whether that is to distinguish the product from its rival I'm not sure.

Barry

Archived