Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Boxing Day Jupiter from Bembridge Mono Animated GIF

SnakeyJ

Following in the footsteps of Neil and Avani, I decided to try a quick mono animation from my red channel last night.

post-26731-0-99311900-1419635391.gif

It goes to show how the transparency and seeing changed over the course of an hour and 10 minutes (10 x red channel captures), giving quite a jarring animation.

I used Chris Garry's PIPP to do the animation, which is a darned site simpler and quicker than doing this in CS2!

Shame I had to pack up so early as the conditions were definitely at their best at the end of the session.

Apologies for the strobe effect!

Nice animation Jake.

its difficult getting the planet looking consistent in live animations. What I often do  is crudely run them using windows photo viewer, just clicking next image.

Looking at how the brightness and detail changes between images. I then take the offending images either out of the mix. Or try to visually balance them. Meaning brightening some, or dimming others.

Its a bit hit and miss. But for example the latest one I did. Had variations, that I managed to guess out. It did make the motion a little smoother. A colour camera set at the same levels all night would be perfect For these issues. assuming a good consistent night of course. which I haven't had for ages. The wobble can be aligned out. I used to did it on K 3CCD Tools

a simpler way is to crop each image very close to the limbs. The closer you get between images the less wobble will be left. It works well.

They are very addictive. I have done and lost quite few over the years.

Colour ones with RGB are a nightmare

Archived