Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Amazon offer

Earl

Well, from my experience, before you buy something you need dig deeper on internet to check if someones "deal" is real deal, or not. Listing linked by you is an example of bad deal. Telescope is overpriced, and discount... funny. 2%? WOW!! ;) 

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Celestron-SkyProdigy-130-Go-To-Computerised-Sky-Prodigy-Telescope-UK-Stock-/121381254380?pt=UK_Photography_Telescopes&hash=item1c42e2f4ec

Well, from my experience, before you buy something you need dig deeper on internet to check if someones "deal" is real deal, or not. Listing linked by you is an example of bad deal. Telescope is overpriced, and discount... funny. 2%? WOW!! ;)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Celestron-SkyProdigy-130-Go-To-Computerised-Sky-Prodigy-Telescope-UK-Stock-/121381254380?pt=UK_Photography_Telescopes&hash=item1c42e2f4ec

well they were only £400 when active so wink away..............

The 130 is currently on at £552 so reduced to £399 in the lightning sale was still not a bad reduction, but more than I would be willing to pay.  I am not sure why they have not applied the same electronics to a much larger scope, say something like a proper fork-mounted C8 or even a C6, as that surely would be much more attractive.  The electronics cost should be the same, just the mount and OTA would be more expensive (and if it came with a 'manual drive' mode it would be attractive for undecided goto / non-goto starters).

Oh right, hadn't seen that 6" SCT version before, still a bit dubious of the single arm mount but I suppose 6" would be the realistic limit, my 8SE was just too much for the mount it came on especially once all the extra gubbins was added.

I have a celestron 130slt also, but metallic grey in colour. Mine cost £250 about 6 yes ago.

It is a good telescope, but I sceptical whether a dslr camera would be suitable. I want to upgrade to a nexstar 8se, but there is no findoscope.

You may want to try Jessops. They are doing very good deals.

Archived