Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

distant learning

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought the first week was a little too basic and not enough material. I don't quite understand why they wanted everyone to make their own constellation and thought that was quite a pointless/childish exercise.

I'm hoping the first week was to introduce us gently and next week involves a little bit more science.

However, the course got me using the planisphere for the first time so I've got something from week 1 :smiley:

I found the first week very basic, but maybe they are going for people with absolutely no experience - those that have never raised their eyes over the horizon at night! I did the entire week in less than an hour, (I skipped over the dot-to-dot stuff etc.) so I am hoping it will pick up a bit next week. That said, it did prompt me to go outside and look at Orion's sword through binocs for the first time, so I saw the nebula.

Overall, I am optimistic and looking forward to the rest of the course.

Archived