Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

SW GPS Mouse & EQMod

Hi,

In the process of setting up laptop control for my HEQ5 pro synscan, I'd like to connect a GPS unit but unsure how to do that given that the SW GPS mouse thingy is listed as being unsuitable for use with a PC.

Thanks

Pete

OK thanks, last question for a bit, if I wanted to use the SW GPS mouse with the laptop is there an adaptor, say RJ12 to USB, that would allow that given that my laptop doesn't have an RJ12 style connection, nor a round plug type connector (if not using the RJ12 style adapter that comes with the SW GPS). Or is it just not possible period to use the SW GPS with a laptop.

The older versions came with a PC adapter, but I seem to recall you had to be sure to set the protocols for PC usage versus handset usage.  Somewhere in the bowels of my garage I have the SW gps unit PC cable but can't locate it, so when  I started to use eqmod I just got a pc usb gps unit and used that.

I bought the SW gps for those many occasions I inyended to go to an astro club observing night - which have been few and far between due to work commitments.

• 2 months later...

I wanted to do the same (use SW's "mouse " GPS with a raspberry PI) but there seems to be absolutely no docs/specs outthere about this GPS. It came with my EQ6-pro, which I bought around new year 2015.

Archived