Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

M45..too soft and how to get that faint nebulosity out?

Hi all..

Image details : 30 x 3 min UNGUIDED, Darks, Flats 

Equipment : Canon 1100D, Skywatcher 130PDS @ f5, HEQ5 Pro

Stacked in DSS,

Processed in Pixinsight.

I fiddled a lot with Deconvolution but couldnt get any kind of sharpening to work. And yes, that faint nebulosity I see in many images...its just too afraid of me !!!!

http://www.astrobin.com/140413/

Thanks for looking.

Ishan.

Hi all..

Image details : 30 x 3 min UNGUIDED, Darks, Flats 

Equipment : Canon 1100D, Skywatcher 130PDS @ f5, HEQ5 Pro

Stacked in DSS,

Processed in Pixinsight.

I fiddled a lot with Deconvolution but couldnt get any kind of sharpening to work. And yes, that faint nebulosity I see in many images...its just too afraid of me !!!!

http://www.astrobin.com/140413/

Thanks for looking.

Ishan.

The image looks correct for the length of the subs and the integration time. To go deeper you'd need much longer subs and integration time to increase the signal.

A.G

All good advice above. When you do noise reduction or sharpening don't do them to the whole image. Select the dark faint parts for the noise reduction (where the low signal is struggling to beat the camera noise.) Then select the bright parts (but not the stars) for sharpening. 

A very easy way to make these selections in Photoshop is to make a copy layer and sharpen or noise reduce the lower layer, then use the colour select tool on the top layer to choose the bits you want modified and erase them from the top layer. There are fancier ways of doing it but I find this perfectly effective.

Olly

Archived