Solar HA and tv plossls?

Just recieved my bco 10mm (only ordered yesterday) but the 6mm (ordered 9 days ago) is still floating around somewhere in the universe:(

Thanks flo for the XMAS chocolate:)

Sounds like we need to dispatch another 6mm :smile: 

Steve

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just recieved my collection of a 6, 10 and 18mm bco eyepieces for my lunt 60mm. Just tried them in between clouds and there top notch, low and medium power show sharp detail and the 6mm is for the good days of seeing but too be honest, it's not bad when the seeing isn't great. I barlowed the 10mm with my baader Q barlow to give me 113x and I was surprised how good the view was also. That kind of power will be for excellent seeing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congratulations on your BCO's :smiley:

I think they are excellent eyepieces and quite possibly the best optical quality you can buy for <£50 new. I know this thread is about eyepieces fo solar viewing but the 10mm and 18mm BCO's are even better than the Baader GO's of that focal length for deep sky objects, in my opinion. Their light transmission is very high indeed.

That's the reason I wanted them for less glass in the train, I've not done a prolonged comparison with the baader zoom (need to do that in the summer maybe) BUT there was a difference (for the better) using the bcos and the equivalent magnifiction on the zoom. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I made a curious observation on the beautiful loop on the western limb on Xmas day: the MaxVision 24mm 68° produced more detail than the TV Plössl 25mm. Near heretical remark, but it was definitely repeatable. The difference was not huge, and with certain eye placement there was some internal reflection in the MV, but with the eye correctly placed I had a better view with the MV. I am curious to see how this pans out when I get myself a Quark.

Archived