Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Yet another m42

Atreta

Sorry, I've only done it with PixInsight. It does have a very generous free trial period. I know that it can be achieved with Photoshop but I've never used it.

Either way you need to remember to register your images together first so that they line up perfectly (StarAlignment in Pixinsight or I assume you can use DSS just don't stack them).

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi

You could try the latest development version of gimp which is free and handles 16 bit images :) It appears to be able to handle layers though I confess I've not done much with it yet!

http://nightly.darkrefraction.com/gimp/

Louise

Edit: stack the different subs separately in dss then try to blend the output files in gimp using layers. I'm kindof guessing here as I've not tried this myself! But I imagine you can move one layer over another to manually align the two... You should then be able to blend the layers. If there is a better way, hopefully someone can point it out :)

Yeh I would load them as layers and turn all off except the bottom two.

Set the second layer to 50% transparency and align with the background layer, when done turn this layer off and repeat with all the other layers.

Once all are aligned set transparency back to normal.

You then need to stretch, blend and merge etc.

TSED70Q, iOptron Smart EQ pro, ASI-120MM, Finepix S5 pro.

Archived