Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

tripod

gary1968

Howdy,

I am looking for a decent tripod for my Star Adventurer. I did consider making an adaptor so that it will fit my HEQ5 tripod but that goes against the reason for getting this kit, easy portability for transport to dark sites.

So, what would be a decent heavy duty camera tripod for no more than £100? if such a thing exists......

I look forward to your replies.

Gaz

I would be interested in the answer to this too I imagine a lot will depend on the equipment you plan to use it with but if its just a camera/lens then the tripod i use with my camera and scope for general photography (Konig KN-100) should hold it ok but one that has a removable head might be a better option.

Alan

Hi, thanks for that. I intend to use the modded 450d and either my ef50 or ef75/300, and perhapse a litte 66mm apo if I can pick one up cheap enough.

At the moment I have a velbon 600 tripod, its ok but a bit shaky.... just looking for something a bit more sturdy.

The Velbon DV-7000 seems to have good reviews as a sub £100 tripod, its actually about £70 on ebay. I think the head just screws off to allow you to mount the Star Adventurer.

My father in law has one of these which I'm going to try to borrow to see if its any good for the little mount.

http://www.telescopehouse.com/acatalog/Horizon_Heavy_Duty_Tripod__605.html

Archived