Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

qhy 5l-iic

bruno

has anyone got windows 8.1 and a qhy5l-ii C camera, I've downloaded all the drivers  but i can't get it to work, when i try to connect through the ascom  it comes up with  a message about it not being compatible because the windows is 64x yet i have downloaded the 64x driver ,  :mad:   :mad:   :angry8:

Hi

Not sure if this is helpful but in my experience with the mono version you usually have to disconnect the cable and reboot the system if you have a driver problem and before you try another. I learned recently that the camera doesn't have any proper firmware - apparently it has to load it as a kind of first pass.

Louise

The QHY site is currently labelled as having malware.  Anyway here is the text from the FAQ

QHY5 series installation under WIN8

In WIN8-32bit the drivers install no problems.

In WIN8-64bit please do as the following way

1. Go to the charm bar in win 8
2. Choose PC Settings at the bottom
3. Select the 'General' option and then go to the 'Advanced Startup' option
4. On the blue screen select troubleshoot, advanced options, startup settings - then select the restart option
5. Once the pc reboots you then have a choice of what you want it to do... Select the 7th option' Disable driver signature enforcement'
6. Once Win8 starts, repeat the driver process

Also:

http://qhyccd.com/en/top/faq/qhy5-ii-faq/

ASCOM Diagnostics shows: This 64bit capable driver is only registered as a 32bit COM driver

When running ASCOM diagnostics it shows: Incompatible Driver This 64bit capable driver is only registered as a 32bit COM driver.Pleas contact the driver author and request an updated installe.

You can ignore this information. This is just an information but it do not effect anything. The camera ASCOM driver work well on WIN7,WIN8 64bit system. 

If you meet any problem that ASCOM driver can not run. It should be other reason, for example, the installation of the ASCOM driver or platform etc. 

thanks for the replies,I will have to wait until the site reopens so i can follow the FAQ section thats been posted  i have read that it is supposed to work with win 8 but has not been tested, but  as said i will have to wait forthe site to reopen so i can down load the 64x driver as it is not on the disk if this does'nt work i will be posting  a utube vid entitled camera & hammer becomes one.  :smiley: 

thanks thalestris if you also look at  section 12 on the same page, it  shows the operating systems that it will work  with the last bit says win 8 64x not been tested  so unsure.

Now the site is up and running again they have changed it bit where it had QHY 5 series they have split it up into two groups QHY5L -ii mono & colour &

QHY 5P-ii mono & colour, I will wipe all the other drivers off my machine & try again

update to  my problem with the qhy 5l-ii, managed to sort it i've deleted the drivers diabled the driver recognision as said abovethen reinstalled the drivers i also found out that the drivers for the qhy5l-ii do not support sharpcap as yet but i can get an image with metaguide and it has the ascom camera driver built into the program which seems to make EZ planetary work, I've not tried this out side yet  but i can get an image with my finder scope of the roof tiles on the house across the way  :smiley:

Archived