Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

HEQ5 EQMOD help!

Hello all

Right, so i've recently baught a 10 inch skywatcher telescope which came with this mount. I wanted to do some astrophotography so i'm looking at making this a go to mount. I researched a bit and saw that you could turn them into go to mounts by installing the EQ mod which i've done. However i'm stuck as i have no clue how to do it I've downloaded the drives bought myself the RS232 adaptor. I have issues when trying to select the port for the software it just gives me an error. When i plug in my power cable the light doesn't come on until i plug in my original handset. I've been told it cant be turned into a go to using this method however he wasn't 100% sure, so I thought i'd ask on here.

Although if all fails and i'm unable to do it. Would it be worth buying http://www.opticalvision.co.uk/astronomical_telescopes-sky-watcher_pro-series-goto_mountings/synscan_pro__goto_upgrade_kit.html one of those and upgrading the mount.

Many Thanks
Ronnie

Ok, this mount cannot be controlled by EQMod as it stands - you will need to upgrade the mount with a SynScsn upgrade. This upgrade comprises a new controller board, new motors and a new handset.

Once you have made this physical upgrade, EQMod will then work and it will all make sense!

Sent from my iPhone from somewhere dark .....

The picture seems to be showing the original HEQ5 with the basic handset and control board,

Sent from my iPhone from somewhere dark .....

Yeah, But some people as I do for pictures is to Google them :embarrassed:  , he may be sitting with the latest HEQ5 , if not then yes an upgrade is needed :)

Thank you all for the quick replies sorry i was outside enjoying the clear skies :smiley: As stated by steppenwolf it is in fact the older model and is not syntrek, i need to upgrade the mount, thanks. The link of the upgrade was me asking if it was the right one to be buying, again thank you all for the replies.

Thanks
Ronnie

Archived