Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Tease me and excite me :-)

if you are going to use an eq5 for imaging you would be better off with a smaller scope the 130pds  would be better. The eq5 will hold a 200p for visual but its overloaded for imaging. the pics referenced were on a heq5 which is a somewhat bigger and better mount for imaging. by all acounts the 200 is a struggle even  for a heq5 with the slightest wind losing subs. its possible on an eq5 but its not a very efficient mount for photography especially when its overloaded. Imagers tend to work on 1/2 the capacity of the mount as being optimal with high end mounts taking up to 3/4 of their stated load capacity. the eq5 isn't high end

Hi, very over processed from a couple of years ago, but taken with a 200P an EQ5 (with shoestring adapter to dual motors), a modified finder scope as a guider, a coma corrector and a 450d (unmodded at that time). I did have to move the mirror up the tube slightly to get focus.

http://astrob.in/64337/0/

I have dropped to a 130PDS as the 200P was like a sail and I had to throw away about 30% of my subs with the lightest breeze, but its possible to get images (and to be honest I learnt an awful lot getting that, my first setup to work).

Cheers

Ross

If you do not have the scope yet then as said or implied there can be problems with achieving focus with a DSLR. Most it seems have a problem however equally if someone does get it to focus they do not post a question here. So the forum tends to get the "failures".

The standard focuser generally holds the camera too far back.

So be aware of this before you drop a DSLR on and wonder what the problem is.

The blurb say you can attach a DSLR for AP, it doesn't say that the attached DSLR will be positioned correctly at the focal plane.

One question is: Is there a difference between using a 2" T-ring adaptor and a 1.25" T-ring adaptor ?

This may be worth finding out as a T-ring costs a lot less then a different focuser.

• 3 weeks later...

Bit late - I just saw this whilst looking for something else on 200P.

As I understand is the problem is that with some set-ups, you cant get close enough to focus with a DSLR. Hence the low profile focusser on the PDS.

However, I have a fairly standard set-up on my 200p - see sig - and reach focus with about 12mm in hand. As mentioned above maybe the focusser dia make the difference - I have 2".

Archived