Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

finally after 11 days, Clear skies

oldpink

first time the scope has been set up since the 19th and that was a quick solar outing

hoping tonight I can get some decent skies
just set up and seen the moon for the first time in weeks and all the signs are looking good for tonight
as the rest of the week is poor and I'm off to London again at the weekend :(

Yeah, you've had it pretty bad in the west, I know. Hope you make up for it tonight.

Hasn't been brilliant here either, mind you. But, ever hopeful, I'm taking my scope to the astro club tonight and hope to get a chance to use it ...

Like you I actually saw the moon when I popped out five minutes ago but it was surrounded by cloud and only just made itself known. Looks like another night spent reading all the posts on SGL and drooling over all the gear I can't afford.

I've had one clear ish night in the last 14, suspect there was thin high haze though as there were less stars out than usual. Plus a couple of hours solar observing yesterday morning and a nice view of Jupiter through the one and only hole in cloud as I wnet to bed in the early hours of this morning. Back to normal service, flat grey cloud now but at least I got a quick look at the monster sunspot.

Archived