NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Counterweights for C11 on HEQ5

I was wondering if anyone was using a similar combination to this, and if so, what counterweights/ how many counterweights are you using?

I was also looking at an extension counterweight bar and wondered if this would balance the scope just using the two supplied counterweights that come as standard with the mount.

The scope is on a losmandy dovetail plate, has a moonlite focuser, and the mount has the ADM puck that takes both Skywatcher and losmandy dovetails, so is a bit heavier than standard.

I am aware that this combo is no good for imaging DSOs etc....it's a visual only rig.

I tried it last night but the setup was nowhere near balanced with the two supplied weights.

Thanks folks.....will order a counterweight too and see how it goes with one and the extension bar. Tinker.....you should try walking into an AP1200 counterweight bar.....I seem to regularly do it, especially with my head :-)

Archived