Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

2nd go at M3

Hi all,

After being inspired by my previous 2 x 30 second attempt on M3 I thought I would give it another go to see if I could improve the result. This time I took the trouble to block out the street lamp that was previously shinning into my scope, took more 30 sec subs, (ended up with 7 usable ones this time), and even took 4 dark frames which is a 1st for me. Anyway here is the result which I am fairly pleased with although it is not as much of an improvement over my previous attempt as I had hoped. I think it may be my processing skills which are letting me down a bit or maybe it's that I need to take lots more subs before I see a significant improvement. One good thing though, my polar aligning is getting better as M3 stayed in the middle of my camera ccd for ages so it's all good practice :hello1:

post-14420-133877338694_thumb.jpg

Looking pretty good, nice tight stars and colour coming through. Certainly good polar alignment is essential. look forward to your third attempt :wink:

naz

Archived