Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Anyone have a Xagyl filter wheel?

JamesF

Hi all!

This is resurrecting a very old thread, I know. BUT, I have a Xagyl FW5125V4 wheel, and it recently seemed to lose its brain. It started to rotate VERY slowly, and said it was stalled (which it is not). I could not get it to really do much, so I dug in.

I ended up upgrading the firmware to 4.2.8, several times. The rotation speed is now very fast, again, like normal, but the problem is it now never stops. It will slow down like it *should* stop at P1 during init, but the motor never actually stops. Even when I connect to the serial port and issue a "s0" command that should stop it, it doesn't. Same goes for the ">" command, it doesn't stop it.

All of a sudden, after the 4.2.8 firmware upgrade, it's telling me the magnet is weak? Strange, because when I physically put the magnet near the sensors, it slows down like it should, down to the speed at "s0", 0% speed, but doesn't stop.

At this point, I'd like to try downgrading the firmware to an older version. Maybe even the previous, if I can, but I can't find it. Can anyone help with an older firmware hex file (like, 3.2.7 as listed here?). Thank you in advance if you have it lying around after all these years! Cheers.

See the serial console output below, for fun:

Xagyl FW5125V4
Initializing
ERROR 7 - Magnet weak
ERROR 2 - Index position error
P1
STOP.       (COMMENT: it does not ever stop)

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

ok, hope this helps you.... I had exactly the same problem but mine was after a magnet had split in half for some inexplicable reason. I had to replace the magnet with a small neodymium fridge magnet and a 3D printed bracket.

I got into the firmware via putty/serial and set the threshold value to '20' for all filters rather than doing the automatic calibration. This tells the motor to slow down and position the filter accurately I believe.

Use the command "R5" in the terminal. Problem solved. Now it stops as soon as that value is reached on the hall sensors.

See the bottom of the instruction PDF for other very useful commands.