NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

powering scope question???

Hi folks:

My Celestron power tank is acting up somewhat lately (after several years use). When it green lights that it's fully charged...after a fairly short period of time the amber light comes on (that it needs recharging)????

I had built an observatory/shed some time ago and don't go afield with the scope any more.  I know that I could use the power outlet in the car for the Celestron 9.25SCT, however I am wondering if I could use an inverter and plug into the house power outlet. I found one that converts to 12 volt, and the salesman told me that it will work fine as long as the draw is not more than 5 amps. It has a cigarette lighter type end on it....like the power outlet in the car.  Would this work ok???

Thanks

Cheers

Roger :confused:

This is what I use, cheap,aswell I think, much more power than you will,probably ever need, I have mine inside and have an underground cable from the 12v outlet 10 meters to my pier in the garden, because it is 10 meters away I do have a slight voltage drop of 3/4 of a volt, so I get just under 13v at the pier when it is drawing around 5 amps, which is about the most power it will use with all heaters on and alike.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/301186076491?_trksid=p2059210.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

You can also buy direct from there website, but it is the same price

Olly

Would it not be easier to get a mains AC to DC converter and plug into the mains supply via an extension lead?

Maplins here sell a few options and I assume that somewhere in Canada does the same.

The ones here come with a choice of tips so you select the appropriate one from the supplied selection.

Archived