Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

EQ8+FTDI Problem

Demon Barber

I'm hoping not! I'll be making one up soon as I'm about to buy an eq8. I made one for the eq6 that works fine.

Are you just checking before hand or are you having problems with one?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi ,i`m using  a mates,i can not get the ftdi to connect to the mount,when checking in eqmod toolbox,you have to maually set the com port,it does not automatically assign one,but still no connection to mount,using an older prolific lead it will assign a com port   so im thinking problem with mount?as the cables work okay with an heq5pro mount,assigning com port automatically.

It will be an error on my part im sure,just can not  decide what to try next

Regards

Mike

I've never had EQMod find the port on prolific or ftdi. Check in device manager which port it is & assign it manually. I take it you have device drivers installed ok & it shows up as USB to serial ok?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yep device drivers ok and it shows usb to serial,in eqmod set up you send it to search for a com port ,eqmod then finds and assigns a com port,which is usually the one it finds/connects next time you start with your planatarium of choice, CdC is mine,i`ve got meself pie eyed, time for a drink!

Regards

Mike

Hi Mike,

No reply on Iceinspace from Chris Hillito so far. Got two prolific leads to communicate but are not found by Toolbox. Been on to FTDI and they seem interested and have suggested several ideas but none work so far. FTDI leads just do not work with the EQ8 that I have. I might have to send it back through Ian King for repair if it cannot be sorted out.

Derek

Archived