Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Starsense problems still

Now all but given up trying to get this working with a windows PC. Now trying a Mac book running Mavericks. At first I was excited it appeared to work first time. However my excitement is short lived as it continues to fail to find the camera any ideas ?

Right I am now making my final attempt to update the firmware on this device. I have purchased new new cables etc. if it does not work I will box it away as an expensive mistake . Celestron support is rubbish and I feel have the issue is in the antiquated cables used to update, as I am typing the software has once again failed to find the camera. Well I have a spare hour of trying then that's it. I have attempted the update on win 7, win 8 and Mavericks on a Mac all fail to find the camera.

So that's it reboxed and left on shelf. Have emailed celestron one last time but as it stands money wasted. Next time I will imvest in new lenses instead, lesson learned. I have no doubt it is a good piece of kit if it worked.

I had problems updating firmware and Celestron sent me links to both Java and firmware update which worked, the online ones didn't. The firmware link has photo of configuration of handset, starsense unit, mount and PC. Send me a pm if you want me to forward them.

I could be wrong as it's been a few months since I had one but I think it's only that handset that gets updated, not the camera as it's the handset that holds the software.

The CFM utility can also update the camera. It needs to be connected to the PC and the mount as per the connection diagram. I must say its very strange how some people have great problems updating the SS and HC - I have never had a problem using either Linux (Ubuntu) or Windoze (real PC, laptop or even a VM).

Archived