Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Strange Behaviour of APT with canon 1100d

lensman57

Hi,

Recently while trying to use APT with my modded 1100d the shutter does not seem to activate once the start button is pressed . The liveview seems to function correctly and activates the shutter but under a lightplan the APT just keeps on counting the seconds without activating the shutter. I know the camera is fine as it works perfectly in Nebulasity 3. Has anyone else experienced this. I had the same problem with the 2.5 version and now it is behaving the same way  with the 2.6

version.

Regards,

A.G

Hi A.G.!

Please make sure that the "Long Exp. control" is set to Virtual :)

Hi Ivo,

Sorry with the late reply but that was it, I found that it was set to com1 by default. I noticed it about 4 am so it was too late to retract the question. But now I have a problem with taking effective flat frames using an Ha filter on an OSC sensor. I don't think taking it the normal way is correct as it must be trying to average the Blue and Green with Red but Blue and Green do not exactly exist in an Ha set up just their channel noise. I wonder if I have to exctract the Red channel of the Flat frames and just use these for processing.

Many thanks to all.

Regards,

A.G

PS: I find your images quite haunting, perhaps they are more representative of how we  really imagine the deep space  in our minds eye.

Great to gear that you have resolved it :)

IMHO for the flats you have to use the same method as for the Ha light. If you extract the red channel from the light, then extract it for the flat too :)

Thank you for your kind words! There is a still lot to learn, but this is the magic of this hobby :D

Archived