NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Getting annoyed

Ok I bought a skymax 127 goto, trying to set it up but it keeps pointing me to the positions, I starts off asking me for my coordinates which I put in 18252w 5115n then time and date which I do, then ask me to brightest star aligment which I choose Capella centre it in the eyepiece, then asks me to choose another and starts slewing and stops no where near where it is suppose to. Help please I want to see Uranus tonight , please

Power is good dude

It need to stay above 11 volts, a mains PSU is better at 13.8v, so if that's good, you could try pointing at Polaris, switch on the power slew to Capella, when it finishes slewing move the tripod manually so the scope is pointing at Capella, don't use the hand set, the 2nd star let the mount slew to it, this should be close as the first star sorted out the PA roughly, if it missed the second star by a large margin, its operator error, some of your data input is wrong......

it might be worth checking that you have put your co-ords in correctly,

I starts off asking me for my coordinates which I put in 18252w 5115n then time and date which I do

If i'm not mistaken these should be the other way round     ie 5115n  first,    then 18252w.

i might be wrong, but i made this mistake and my mount went off in different directions.

Andy

If you had a Celestron I'd think  the controller is set for equatorial mode. It might be because it asks you the North-South question. It should be in alt-az mode.

I'm not sure really. 

it might be worth checking that you have put your co-ords in correctly,

If i'm not mistaken these should be the other way round     ie 5115n  first,    then 18252w.

i might be wrong, but i made this mistake and my mount went off in different directions.

Andy

Skywatchers want the Longitude first, Meades have Lat then Long.

So it should be 1o 6" W first (Using the Google value for Basingstoke)

Check that it going in as or displaying 001o 06" W, not 106o W.

There is not the need to enter it as -001o and yet still supply the W for West?

Don't think there is on those.

As Ruud says check the mount type, I had one that suddenly decided it was on an EQ mount not an Alt/Az and tried to ram itself into the mount.

It will be some small value or setting somewhere, the problem is finding it.

All I can say is that it was a post that someone else made some 8-9 months back and I recalled it.

Otherwise it would not have occurred to me to suggest it.

Google Maps says: Elrose in Saskatchewan, looks dark however as in never seen an electric light in the history of the earth. :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

I love you ronin aka Andy thanks bro , I knew it had to be something simple I was putting in 18252 not 001 08 just seen Uranus for the first time cheers bud

Great when it all falls into place, well done.

Just shows what an amazingly helpful community we have here on SGL.

Good luck and clear skies.

Archived