Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

NGC 1499, DSLR

lensman57

Hi,

Taken last night as a consolation prize to a night of many problems. Once the clouds arrived and I packed up and came in the sky cleared up as usual so I didn't get the chance to capture the planned Ha subs.

Only 5 X 600s, WO star 71, Canon 1100d ( Baader modded ) @ iso 1600. Darks and Bias. Processed in PI and PS.

Regards,

A.G

post-28808-0-82889000-1412542653_thumb.p

Thank you all,

I found some Ha data from last month taken with my 383L and a Baader 7 nm  filter, after registering in PI I then combined them in PS. First Ha to the red channel of the OSC data and then about 33% as Lum. After some tweaking this is the result, not a huge difference but subtly richer.

Hope you like it.

Regards,

A.G

post-28808-0-30808700-1412550537_thumb.p

It is nice, but what's with your star shapes? It looks like you have screws intruding in the light path in your tube!

/per

Thanks Per,

The tube is clean and clear but I seem to suffer from a bit of camera tilt and some halos due to the filters, depending on which filter is mounted I seem to get varying shapes and sizes of halos.

Regards,

A.G

The second image looks much better than the first. A massive object and you captured all of it. Looks good!

Maybe try to fix the stars in PI with a masked stretch or in PS with minimum filter? Harry has a good tutorial for masked stretch and its fairly easy even using the dreaded Pixel Math.

JB

The second image looks much better than the first. A massive object and you captured all of it. Looks good!

Maybe try to fix the stars in PI with a masked stretch or in PS with minimum filter? Harry has a good tutorial for masked stretch and its fairly easy even using the dreaded Pixel Math.

JB

Hi JB,

Thanks for the pointer, with regret I have tried the pixel math star transposing with little success as the final image looks wrong, even worst than the present one.

Regards,

A.G

Very Nice.

Cumprimentos / Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best Regards

Paulo Miguel Pina

Equipment :

Takahashi FSQ106N - TOA130F - EM-200 TEMMA2 - Canon 6D - FS60 - Starlight - Lodestar Auto guider - TheSkyX - Nebulosity - MacOS Versions

www.facebook.com/astronomiaportuguesa

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived