Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

A Very Widefield of the Plough

This was taken at an observing evening organised by the Cotswold AS at Bredon Cricket Club near Tewkesbury last night. The picture was taken with a Canon 400D with a 10mm Sigma EX lens on a Astrotrac portable mount.

5x4mins exposures ISO400 stacked in DSS enhanced in Photoshop CS with Noel Carboni Tools.

The Ursa Major is center of the picture and to the left of it is the cluster of Coma Berinices to the top right hand corner is part of Leo and Saturn below it. Ursa Minor is to the left of the Plough and Draco is below it. Arcturus part of the constellation of Bootes is the bright star at the bottom middle of the frame.

4282_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

Heres a shot with the same set up and lens set to 20mm.

4286_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

I have some more to process will post later.

Regards

Kevin

Agree with saturn5. and what a stunning image. I can spend hours looking at these and trying to find as many dso's as physically possible :) Should post some more of these :wink:

marius

Kevin - great photos, and was really good to chat with you at the observing evening last night! I'd be interested to find out a bit more about astro imaging in general, so would be good to catch up at a Cotswold AS meeting some time...

cheers

Ian

Great wide field shots Kevin. I really do applaud the taking and presenting of this type of image, It is useful in aiding Identification of constellations, and the pointers to DSO's.

Ron.

Archived