Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Celestron Omni Eyepieces

CodnorPaul is right, they're not ideal for sub F6. However, my scope is an F5 and for visual work I get away with it. They're a step up from the supplied EP's but don't expect to be blown away. For the price you cant really go wrong. If you can afford it then I cant speak highly enough of my Vixen NPL EP's. They're a great budget EP.

hi guys 

Thanks for the feedback

my scope would work with the Omni eyepieces  but I think they wouldn't be much of a step up from my basic Plossol EP 

i looked at the vixen eyepieces and they are within my price range but are they much of step up from what I already have ? What is there quality like ?

Astro man 

I have the NPL 30 & 20 in a small fast dob. I really like the 30, nice immersive view. I've never really got on with the 20 as it seems to only really be consistently sharp in the centre - but that just could be the fast scope. Or the fact that I dropped it the day it arrived!

The NPLs are very nicely made and feel, um, 'quality' in the hand.

The Omni's are OK but just an ordinary plossl. The Vixen NPL's are a bit better. If your scopes are faster than around F/7 then Hyperions are not really that great. Celestron X-Cel LX's (rather than just the older X-Cel's) are probably worth thinking about as are the often recommended BST Starguiders.

Archived