Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Motor focus for ED100

orley

Hi all,

Current setup: scope in garden, laptop in shed. Me running backwards and forth tweaking focus on the scope and checking image on laptop. Legs weary, patience stretched.

Can anyone recommend a good motor focuser that I can use with my SkyWatcher black diamond ED100? Ideally i want to be able to tweak the focus from the comfort and warmth of the shed, preferably using the laptop. Distance between laptop and shed is approx 5m.

Thanks in advance,

Orley

I made a focusser from an R/C servo.  It runs from a 9V battery with a speed controller - you can make the connecting cable as long as you need (within reason!) mine is 5m.  I can go all the way down to the tiniest "nudge" to get focus dead on.  Here is the link (ignore the first bit - its just my experiments!)  http://stargazerslounge.com/topic/91973-fiddling-with-an-autofocusser/?hl=+focusser%20+bizibilder

Archived