the telrad deliberation

afternoon all. I am after ideas about the best place to mount the telrad. if I mount so its to the side of finder I would have to keep walking round scope. leaving finder on and mounting it beside the focuser I think it would get in the way. that leaves behind the focuser and finder and looking between them. what have others done?

........Mine was tie-wrapped the far side of my finder scope, on the 200P Skyliner. Mess about with  positioning until you finally decide  the best position for reach, and sighting, before trying to stick the thing down. If your still not happy with the Telrad position, you can buy 'risers' or even 'custom chop'  the Telrad in half?  I`m still considering buying another Telrad?

........Mine was tie-wrapped the far side of my finder scope, on the 200P Skyliner. Mess about with  positioning until you finally decide  the best position for reach, and sighting, before trying to stick the thing down. If your still not happy with the Telrad position, you can buy 'risers' or even 'custom chop'  the Telrad in half?  I`m still considering buying another Telrad?

mine is the  8" sw,  telrad has had 3" removed from the middle and due to the repositioning of batteries I cant put a riser on. I am thinking of behind and between would work best

Hi I used masking tape to experiment with positions, and ended up comitting to far side of finderscope (which is near 12 o'clock position - telrad near 2; focusser say 10 ). To be honest, it is a bit awkward - and I've thought about moving it / removing finder. However, I still find use for the finder as I zero in on a fuzzy. I think the tallest riser might help - will probably buy one to try out... If doing again I would look again at between the focusser and finder on a riser and keep as far forward as possible. In fact I've been thinking that an ideal location would be sticking out on a rod in front of the focusser possibly with a riser... a little bit like how it is attached to an Obsession UC...

mine is the  8" sw,  telrad has had 3" removed from the middle and due to the repositioning of batteries I cant put a riser on. I am thinking of behind and between would work best

I sold one, and this is the chop it received.  http://stargazerslounge.com/topic/207665-telrad-v-rigel-advice-please/#entry2216473   Note the base is chopped too, can't you re-mod the battery pack. I would like to fit the Telrad between focuser and finder? Thread #5 is another option that I had considered, but decided I should use both finder and Telrad, depending on sky darkness?  I actually like the 9x50 finder scope. it suits me fine. 

I only sold my Telrad because I didn't want to wear my glasses in order to see the reticules. But the device itself, is very simple to use.

I sold one, and this is the chop it received.  http://stargazerslounge.com/topic/207665-telrad-v-rigel-advice-please/#entry2216473   Note the base is chopped too, can't you re-mod the battery pack. I would like to fit the Telrad between focuser and finder? Thread #5 is another option that I had considered, but decided I should use both finder and Telrad, depending on sky darkness?  I actually like the 9x50 finder scope. it suits me fine. 

I only sold my Telrad because I didn't want to wear my glasses in order to see the reticules. But the device itself, is very simple to use.

yours is a neater chop than mine. I used aaa batteries mounted on the base, 1 each side made my own holders and the power is fed to the telrad through the location feet. should be no chance of forgetting to turn it of as when removed at end of use batteries stay on scope. easier to see than explain

Archived