Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

No Aurora So Here's A Moonie Instead.

tich

The Aurora was a no show here, mind you the cloud wouldn't have helped anyway but when I did get a clear sky I set up the C6 & fired off a few shots at the moon instead.
It were a squeeze getting it on the chip but just about managed it.

10479671_10152412927263434_5452503984187

For this image I used a standard canon 1000D & set it on Jpeg. Yeah I know Raw would be better but stacking raw images is a no no & converting them to Tiff files is no better as I reckon you'd need some sort of super computer for Registax to do anything with them. If anyone suggests Autostakkert then I can assure you it doesn't work with lunar images using the SCT as it's to big & it crops them, it does work ok with lunar images taken with the ED80 though. Anyway I took 130 subs set at iso 100 & 1/200 shutter speed stacked the best 75% of the images & adjusted the wavelets in Registax & finished off adjusting the curves & levels in Photoshop.

Archived