Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

QHY8L Airline portable power

edjrgibbs

Hi all

Does anyone have a portable power solution for their CCD that means they don't lug a car battery overseas? I have a portable mount, portable scope and would like to use my QHY8L when flying to holiday destinations with clear/dark skies. Any ideas?

Thanks
Ed

Will you be carrying with you onboard the aircraft? Check with the airline(s) you are flying with first before you get to the airport, not the travel agent or rep as they will/do not have a clue. Some types of batteries are a definate "No!"

If I recall correctly the W/h rating needs to be below a certain limit depending on the airline...160W/h seems to be a common figure for lithium based batteries. No lead acid batteries of course.

They also have to be carried in your hand luggage...best is to do a bit of investigation.

There were recent scares regarding spare batteries so not sure what will change...

Archived