Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

IC 1848, Ha, WO Star 71, 383L+

lensman57

Hi,

Taken last night under a bright Moonusing a 1.25" Baader 7nM filter.

15 X 900s, WO Star 71, Baader 7nM Ha filter all on HEQ5 and PHD guiding.

Stacked and processed in PI and teaked in PS. This Nebula is called the Soul Nebula but to me it looks more like a baby crawling, LOL.

Thanks for looking,

A.G

post-28808-0-12622900-1410345764_thumb.p

As the posts above great image :icon_salut: ! 

I have a question though what were your skies like?  

It would be good to know given I do not think I am too far away from you, and we had a thin cloud cover which even in Ha washed out the detail? 

As the posts above great image :icon_salut: ! 

I have a question though what were your skies like?  

It would be good to know given I do not think I am too far away from you, and we had a thin cloud cover which even in Ha washed out the detail? 

Hi and thanks to you all for your kind words. My sky is terrible at the best of times. I am only less than 3 miles away from Manchester airport so you can guess the rest. Last night was not a very transparent one but the Moon looked sort of clear even though it had washed everything else out with its lum. I could just about make out the W of cassiopiea but only just so I am not too disappointed with the outcome. The nbefore last I tried for NGC 1805 but the thin hazy clouds finished off what the bright Moon had started so the I just left the subs as they were, unprocessed.

Regards,

A.G

Nicely framed, but I'm not sure if there all stars in your image , maybe a lot of hot pixels or over stretching in the processing,   correct me if i wrong thou,  however a lot of detail

paul j

Archived