Bill & Ben and the little Weed

Tinker1947

felt the need to buy something as the Baader EP's are on "For Sale Forum" so the scope is a 300P Dob, this needs some good'ish EP's the TV 40mm Panoptic would do the job and fit in the budget so here it is next to the Pentax 30XW and for scale the "little Weed" Astro PLOSSL 20mm, Ok weight wise the Panoptic come in at 957 Grammes, Pentax 30XW 695 Grammes and the PLOSSL 76 Grammes, not much else i can say as its daylight and cloudy, the wife liked it...:)

DSC_0178.jpg

Or how about this "still life in two colours"

green-black.jpg

I assume the 41mm is bigger again than the 35mm.  I bet the BGO would fit under the "skirt" of the 41mm.  I've been tempted by one occasionally, but not sufficiently to succumb as yet.

James

I never had any idea the XW 30mm was so big, I wonder what the 40mm is like, an 8 inch SC scope? BTW congratulations on buying what is a fairly rare eyepiece, hope it came with clear skies service pack 3.

Alan

The Panoptic is 6" tall as seen in the photo, the XW i brought just prior to there ceasing production.....

Archived