Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

M33 Reprocessed

lensman57

Hi,

This is the final reprocess of the data collected during the testing of my new Willam Optics Star 71 on the 27th of August. I have tried to preserve the faint spiral arms as much as possible while retaining a more natural softer appearance and a bit less noise reduction to avoid the plasticy look of the first version.

WO Star 71, Atik 428EXC, Baader UHC-s L Booster filter.

14 X 600s subs with calibration frames and processed in PI and PS. This is the reduced size version.

Thanks for looking.

A.G

post-28808-0-84699200-1409327837_thumb.p

Hiya

Maybe some cropping needed? (Stacking artefacts?).

Louise

Yep, usb malfuncioned mid session and it cost me the best part of  20 minutes to put things right so the stack is  of two different sessions on the night hence the alignment borders.

Regards,

A.G

Hiya

That must have been annoying. Happened to me the other night when I was trying out the Ha filter. I've since found out that I have to remove the cooler cable then the usb cable and put them back in order usb, then cooler, then power. It happened after about 920s of a 1200s exposure... Presumably the usb cable got a wee bit loose...

Do you not use Astrotortilla? It's great for centring targets and re-centring them, if required. Only takes a few secs.

Louise

Hiya

That must have been annoying. Happened to me the other night when I was trying out the Ha filter. I've since found out that I have to remove the cooler cable then the usb cable and put them back in order usb, then cooler, then power. It happened after about 920s of a 1200s exposure... Presumably the usb cable got a wee bit loose...

Do you not use Astrotortilla? It's great for centring targets and re-centring them, if required. Only takes a few secs.

Louise

Hi Louise,

I downloaded AT last year while I was starting and even got the EQDIR cable for the HEQ5 but I have not managed to get it set up, I guess that I just got used to using the handset. I don't think that AT works with the handset or does it?

A.G

Hiya

So you don't use Eqmod either? I think that you can connect via the handset but you don't really need the handset if you control the mount via software. That's why I bought the Syntrek version :) However, I believe (from memory) if you connect via the handset you use a different cable than if you connect to the mount directly.

http://eq-mod.sourceforge.net/docs/PC_Control_Options.pdf

Hth

Louise

Edit: Not sure howup to date the above link is but eqmod is well documented and, the author, Chris Shillito is on here!

http://eq-mod.sourceforge.net/introindex.html

Hiya

So you don't use Eqmod either? I think that you can connect via the handset but you don't really need the handset if you control the mount via software. That's why I bought the Syntrek version :) However, I believe (from memory) if you connect via the handset you use a different cable than if you connect to the mount directly.

http://eq-mod.sourceforge.net/docs/PC_Control_Options.pdf

Hth

Louise

Edit: Not sure howup to date the above link is but eqmod is well documented and, the author, Chris Shillito is on here!

http://eq-mod.sourceforge.net/introindex.html

Thanks for info Louise, I will look into this.

Regards,

A.G

Archived