Another new scope -- bad weather now guaranteed.

Purchased today: my new imaging setup, a Skywatcher Explorer 200p (£120 from SGL) and HEQ5 Pro Synscan mount (£400 from gumtree of all places!).  The 200p is being delivered on Wednesday, and I pick up the mount tomorrow since it's not far from where I'm picking up the Dob.

The OTA is a particularly good deal I think - it has a fitted dew shield and skywatcher auto focuser, and comes with a bathinov mask and an orion precision centering adapter for 1/4" eyepieces, as well as a skywatcher 10mm eyepiece (is this likely to be junk?), a finder scope and bracket, a mount for a telrad finder (perfect as I planned to buy a telrad for the dob, now I can easily switch it between the two), two tube rings and a 30cm dovetail bar.

Here's a picture of how I paid for the mount -- I've been saving every spare one and two pound coin I had left at the end of the day for about a year :-)

post-38149-0-98992000-1408999408_thumb.j

-simon

Well done on the new purchases. Excellent to see the way you saved up for them. Too many people just buy stuff on the never never. As you have saved for these bits of kit you will treasure and take care of them. Too often it is easy come, easy go. Enjoy :-)

Ian

Hi Simon,

Hope you enjoy your new setup.

I have a jar where i put my spare coins at the end of the day, and have great fun watching it fill over time, and then spending the contents on something that I've been looking forward to getting for the last few months or so. But lately, since I've retired I don't get so much change, as I don't get out as much. So the jar is filling much slower.

Dave.

Archived