Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Fern on the sun 23/08

Floater

Yes agree Gordon excellent seeing for solar viewing this morning so thanks for the 'heads up'. I liked the Proms on the SE side between 100 - 170 degrees and the NW side at about 290 degrees.. The long filament starting at about 190 degrees towards the centre and the other filaments surrounding sunspots 2146 and 2148 are also impressive. I notice another new spot following 2150 and hopefully the sunspot group 2149 will develop as it moves across the surface.

In addition to the PST I also used my 4" APO with Herschel Wedge, Continuum filter and binoviewers - wonderful crisp seeing and granulation across the whole surface.

Nicely described, Gordon! I was lucky to catch some views before some rain (!!) made it over to here. Nice proms, bit of flaring when I looked, swirly whirly active regions, filaments, one really bending around.

If that's my lot for the Bank Holiday weekend, then I am happy enough. Hope everyone fits a view in.

I think I may have imaged that, just waiting for the snails pace data transfer to finish to see what I got.

So much activity just lately it's good to see. Plus it is probably just me but I can see a big monkey face staring back at me from all the spots and filaments in the centre of the disc. :D

Archived