Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Celestron C8 vs. C6

Well the C8 has 2 more inches of aperture than the C6 - and so is generally a bigger and heavier scope. 

Though I think still fairly one-person manageable.

Although others may disagree, I'd always go for the largest aperture scope...

/callump

I had the C8 and it's a very good scope and still very manageable (in fact I had it on a bar with a guide scope and was easily able to mount both to the mount).

The C6 optics will be just as good, but nearly half the light captured.

Go for the C8, cracking scope and it is far from heavy. Plus is as a handle on it to help you carry it.

If you go for the C6 you will only kick yourself and wonder why you didn't go for the C8, future proof yourself and go bigger.

I have C8, the OTA weighs 5.7kg, comparing to smaller C6 in 4.5kg, and bigger C9.25 in 9.1kg, C8 has best aperture vs weight ratio.

The only reason I can think of choosing C6 over C8 is when you're going for SE mount, because that mount seems to be dimensioned only for C6. C8 will be too shaky on that mount.

Archived